Monday, April 19, 2004

New academic work

I'll make a real return to blogging at some point. I promise. Just don't expect in the next few weeks as I churn out three 10+ page papers, revise my linguistics thesis, and catch up on my knowledge of the Italian Renaissance.

In the meantime, you can read a recent paper of mine, "Fifty-thousand fans, we probably had beers with all of them": The working class culture of Veterans Stadium. The paper argues that Philadelphia's Veterans Stadium, demolished just a few weeks ago, functioned as a space where Philadelphians, regardless of their actual socioeconomic status, took part in behavior that is largely associated with the working class (rowdiness, drunkenness, violence, etc.).

There's a lot more I would have liked to have included, but when you put off writing a paper until two days before it's due, it's hard to include everything. Hopefully I'll have a chance to revise and make additions at some point over the summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home