Sunday, February 08, 2004

How on earth do you screw up pasta?

My first year at Swat, I looked forward to dinner on Wednesday and Sundays. To the extent that the dining hall was ever exciting, that excitement came from pasta bar.

But something's changed (or, perhaps, I'm idealizing the pasta of days gone by). Because now the pasta sucks. Overcooked, undercooked, you name it, they've done it.

Now, I've never cooked for hundreds of people, so I'm sure there's a certain added difficulty that comes from making such large proportions of pasta. I have, however, cooked for 30+ people and still managed to cook pasta the right amount of time.

It's not that hard, folks. Salt some water, get it boiling. Add the pasta. Stir occasionally. Stop cooking after the number of minutes given on the box.

That's it. There's no reason to consistently make bad pasta. And ruining Sunday night dinners for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home