Thursday, October 28, 2004

Word

Have I mentioned here how much I love the Sports Guy, Bill Simmons? I don't think I have.

Well, this is the kind of thing I love him for:

After Womack's leadoff hit over Cabrera's head, [Tim] McCarver claimed that Cabrera "jumped too soon," was proven wrong by the replay, then continued to discuss the dangers of "jumping too soon." I love when announcers refuse to admit they were wrong despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary. This is exactly how I would announce games. You can't let little things like facts and indisputable evidence get in the way of your points. You just can't.


By now you probably know my feelings on Tim McCarver. Anyone who lays down just how disconnected from reality McCarver has become is a-okay in my book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home