Thursday, December 16, 2004

Going home

I'm heading back to the U.S. tomorrow. After a nearly three-hour bus ride that covers 70 miles, I'll be flying from Heathrow into Philadelphia, where my lovely girlfriend will be picking me up. I'll spend the next three weeks shuttling between Philadelphia, D.C., and Boston, with a likely trip to New Hampshire for skiing thrown in.

As for blogging, well, there's two things I'm planning to write about. First is that debunking of Dan Brown's Angels and Demons that I promised so long ago. Second is a brief essay on how the perspective of gender has changed the practice of academic history. I've just finished the rough draft of a long-ish paper on the topic that I'm not terribly happy with, so I'm hoping condensing it will help clarify my major points.

Oooh, now that I think about it, expect some (American) football blogging, too. I haven't watched the Eagles in almost three months, and I'm excited to get back into the swing of things. Come to think of it, I don't think I've watched any TV since the election. Surely that's a record for me.

In-flight reading: Mark Mazower's Dark Continent, following the recommendation of two historians with rather different interests.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home