Friday, October 08, 2004

What to do, what to do

I've just now come from my first ever meal eaten while wearing a gown. Yes, one of these. I'd eaten in the formal hall before, but the grad night's more informal. Tonight was the real deal, with formally dressed waiters, utensils whose use I didn't know, and decanters of port. It was all a bit silly, but everyone goes along with it and has a lovely time.

The title of this entry refers to my uncertainty about just what direction to take this blog during my time here in Cambridge. Like Adam, with whom I had lunch today, I really don't want this to become a "blow-by-blow of what's going on in my life". Frankly, I've done that before, and it doesn't make for the most interesting reading.

So my current thinking is to just write about the most interesting things, those I actually have something to say about besides the bare bones of what occurred. If the rest of my time here is at all like the last week, I'm quite sure there'll be lots to say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home