Sunday, January 22, 2006

A return to blogging

Yes, I know. It's been a long while. Far longer than I exptected. After looking through my archives, I realized I haven't blogged regularly for just about a year. A full-time job doesn't provide nearly the same amount of blogging time as being a student. Grad school took up lots of time, of course (certainly more than the 8 hours a day I put in at work now), but it offered far greater flexibility in terms of when I ws busy. Nowadays, I come home from work, unwind for a bit on the couch, make dinner (far more complex these days, thanks in large part to Lovely Girlfriend), eat dinner, do the dishses, exercise (if there's time)... and it's suddenly 9 or 10 o'clock. So... less time for blogging.

But I hope to change that by setting aside time for blogging. I can't promise (or even hope for) daily posts, but I am going to shoot for 3 or 4 legitimate blog posts each week.

What can you expect? The two main things I see myself writing about are history and baseball (by which I mean, of course, the travails of my beloved Philadelphia Phillies). Then there'll be extraneous stuff on news, music, food (recipes and maybe even pictures!)...

So I hope that's enough for you to come back around. Honestly, I'm curious just who is still around. Anyone still subscribe to me via bloglines? Any overly optimistic souls who have been checking back regularly for months? If you're reading this, feel free to leave a comment and say hi.

Next up: preseason thoughts on the Phillies and remarks on Wilson Pickett and his recent passing.

4 Comments:

At Jan 23, 2006, 4:46:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Danny. It's good to see that you're back.

 
At Jan 23, 2006, 9:28:00 PM , Blogger rabi said...

actually, I just clicked on this link on a whim for the first time in several months. good timing!

 
At Jan 25, 2006, 7:51:00 PM , Blogger Ian Spencer said...

Hi Danny

I bet you didn't think THAT page would stay so active for so long - you've been around in spirit at least!

Glad to see you back, I've followed a few links from your site to other worlds - good fun.

 
At May 19, 2006, 2:49:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Danny... I was going to ask what you use to run your blog, but I see now it's blogger.

I didn't realize you had another one.. only the Livejournal.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home